Zucchini & Leek Soup is one of my all time favourite’s.. it comes very close to my all time fave Pumpkin Soup!
I love SOUP!!! when I got married my husband didnt like Soup!!! imagine my horror! but dont fret 🙂 over the years I’ve managed to convert him! Now he loves Soup too 🙂
Soup – to me – is a great big bowl of comfort.. I prefer vegetable soups.. and now most of the time my soups are also vegan because I make all my dairy from nuts.. 🙂
One of the great things to do with soup is swap out one vegetable at a time to see what flavour combinations you can come up with that are amazing! My favourite onions to add to any recipes are Leek, Red Onion and Spring Onion.. I rarely use any other type. The colour of your ‘end product’ is a consideration when selecting your onion.
So there are 3 parts to the making of a great Soup…
- Create a strong flavour base.
- Cook your Veg into a Soup.
- Taste & Adjust Seasoning.
The beginning Stage of creating a strong flavour base is the foundation/structure or bones for what you will create. This stage is vital! Sweating your onion/garlic combo creates a level of flavour you cant get by ‘boiling/stewing or braising’. So lovingly encourage this stage to extract maximum flavour from your leek and garlic.. I like to add seasoning at each major stage of cooking so adding the stock cube at this stage will give you great results at the end of the Recipe.
Cooking your Veg into the Soup gives you the body to go with your bones! You also need to make a decision whether you want smooth or chunky at the end. Keep this in mind as you prep your vegetables.
Lastly, never underestimate the absolute necessity of tasting and adjusting your dish… all zucchini are not created equal.. all leek are not created equal SO…. you absolutely must taste taste taste.. and feel confident to adjust however you feel it needs adjusting 🙂
- 3 Zucchini, washed, large dice
- 2 Leek, washed, large chop
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1T home-made Stock Concentrate
- 1T Pink Salt
- 3T Fat of your choice: EVOO/Ghee (depends on your particular choices)
- 2C Water
- Remember you are Blending this at the end so dont worry too much about your knife skills 😉
- Put your Garlic and Leek into the Thermomix.
- Chop on Speed 4 | 3 Seconds.
- Add 3T of your Fat of choice.
- Add your Stock Concentrate and Pink Salt.
- Lid On!
- Time 6 mins | Temp 100˚ | Speed 'soft stir'
- You have now created an amazing flavour base to add your zucchini to... so...
- Add your Zucchini and Water.
- Lets Cook...
- Time 20 mins | Temp 100˚ | Speed 3.
- Taste & Adjust.
- Now all you need to do is 'carefully' blend as this mixture is VERY HOT!
GET OUR TOP 5 RECIPES + Garnishing Secrets
Enter your name and email, and you will receive our 5 Most Popular Recipes + Garnishing Secrets immediately to your email...
You are on your way to delicious-ness-ness... (hehe)...