I love fried little patties/burgers/cutlets… who doesnt?
My mother-in-law always called them fish cutlets or meat cutlets… such a cute name…
When you are making Cutlets/Patties/Meatballs/Burgers and Sausage Rolls it’s a really good idea to decide on a Flavour Profile first… eg, thai, indian, italian etc…
Once you have done this make your Flavour Base nice and strong and then proceed with the rest of the recipe..
I could have refrigerated this mixture so that it ‘firmed’ up enough to be ‘molded’ into lovely clean shapes.. I wasnt bothered about that so I went straight from making the mixture to cooking spoonfulls at a time… it’s entirely up to you 🙂
You can omit the Oat Flour if it doesnt work for your diet.. you can swap it for coconut flour, sweet potato flour or almond meal, all of which would work very nicely.
Use the freshest fish you can get.. you will be impressed at how amazing your little patties will taste and the nutritional value increases exponentially when using your freshest ingredients.
- 1/2C fresh coriander
- 1 stalk lemon grass, take outer leaf off, use tender part
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2C fresh basil
- 1/2C fresh mint
- 1t shrimp paste
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 2T Tapioca flour/Rice flour/Oat flour (ur choice)
- 1 egg
- 1t pink salt
- 1/2t pepper
- 500g white fish
- Put the first 7 ingredients in a Food Processor or Thermomix.
- Blend until completely minced up into a paste (approx 10 seconds).
- Now add the rest of the ingredients & mix on a slow speed (or pulse) until combined smooth chunky.
- Create patties with the mixture. (make the size you want).
- Cook the Patties in the Oven or a Frypan..
- Yum Yum!!
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx