I love fried little patties/burgers/cutlets… who doesnt?
My mother-in-law always called them fish cutlets or meat cutlets… such a cute name…
When you are making Cutlets/Patties/Meatballs/Burgers and Sausage Rolls it’s a really good idea to decide on a Flavour Profile first… eg, thai, indian, italian etc…
Once you have done this make your Flavour Base nice and strong and then proceed with the rest of the recipe..
I could have refrigerated this mixture so that it ‘firmed’ up enough to be ‘molded’ into lovely clean shapes.. I wasnt bothered about that so I went straight from making the mixture to cooking spoonfulls at a time… it’s entirely up to you 🙂
You can omit the Oat Flour if it doesnt work for your diet.. you can swap it for coconut flour, sweet potato flour or almond meal, all of which would work very nicely 🙂
- 1/2C fresh coriander
- 1 stalk lemon grass, take outer leaf off, use tender part
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2C fresh basil
- 1/2C fresh mint
- 1t shrimp paste
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 2T Tapioca flour/Rice flour/Oat flour (ur choice)
- 1 egg
- 1t pink salt
- 1/2t pepper
- 500g white fish
- Put the first 7 ingredients in a Food Processor or Thermomix.
- Blend until completely minced up into a paste (approx 10 seconds).
- Now add the rest of the ingredients & mix on a slow speed (or pulse) until combined smooth chunky.
- Create patties with the mixture. (make the size you want).
- Cook the Patties in the Oven or a Frypan..
- Yum Yum!!
GET OUR TOP 5 RECIPES + Garnishing Secrets
Enter your name and email, and you will receive our 5 Most Popular Recipes + Garnishing Secrets immediately to your email...
You are on your way to delicious-ness-ness... (hehe)...