So I always wanted to make Tartare Sauce.. granted.. this one turned out green! but I don’t mind that 🙂
I could have chopped the capers, parsley and zested the lemon to add after the whole egg mayo was made but I wanted to let the Thermy do all the work for me. Good Times.
This Sauce is a great Garnish for Chicken, Steak and Seafood so don’t be limited by it’s traditional uses… this flavour profile is delicious with Broccoli too so pare your veg with the protein you love and go for it!
Tartar Sauce never looked so good 🙂
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1T ACV (apple cider vinegar - with the mother enzyme is the healthiest one)
- 1T Lemon Zest
- 2T Capers
- ½ C fresh Parsley
- 250g Almond Oil
- S&P to your taste
- Put Lemon Rind, Parsley & Capers into T/M.
- Give a quick blitz. Speed 10 | 3 Seconds
- Scrape it down to the bottom.
- Put the Butterfly on the blades.
- Add Egg Yolks, ACV & Salt and Pepper.
- Blend Speed 4 | 1 minute.
- Scrape down from the sides and the lid.
- Now you are ready to GO!
- Lid On. Measuring Cup in place.
- Put your machine on Speed 4 | 3 minutes timer
- Start to drizzle the oil onto the lid and let it seep slowly into the bowl...
- It will emulsify now (the binding of a water to an oil molecule)
- VOILA.. science at its best... a new molecule is formed! A Yummy New Molecule 🙂
- With the motor still running you can now add the Egg Whites.
- Take the M/C off and pour them in through the lid.
- Blend Speed 5 | 20 seconds..
- Scrape it down and get it in your Jar...
This Recipe keeps for me up to 2 weeks (it’s usually all gone by then!)
If you want it to keep longer then ferment it.. again, no change to the taste but a massively whopping uber sizemick import of nutritional benefit… billions of benefits actually…
So how do you do that? Well you grab 1teaspoon or 6-8 capsules of your probiotic that you have at home and you add it to the finished product of your tartare sauce.. and instead of refrigerating immediately, just pop it on the kitchen bench in a warm spot for 24-48 hours (depending on the temperature). Refrigerate after max 48 hours.
Words can’t really express how much better it is to have a whole food Tartar Sauce rather than a Sauce that is loaded with the bad kind of salt, chemicals, talcum powder and ummm more chemicals… It’s so nice to eat something within a few weeks of making it.. I’m sure the Tartar Sauce at the Supermarket is at least 6 months old!
Drop me a line and let me know how you went 🙂
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx