Well I love labouring over food but I’m all about efficency and productivity so I ALWAYS want more bang for my buck.. This is where my fabulous salads come in…
Just use a Machine for goodness sakes! why do we insist on cutting everything by hand? I dont know but I have given in.. I’m a Cook.. self-taught… I’ve invested a lot of time and money into my culinary education and working in our Commercial Kitchen in our Cafe Restaurant has been invaluable for taking this education to a Whole New Level (HNL!)
So you can imagine that producing food in bulk requires SMARTS! work smarter – not harder… well you know what I mean…
So, yes, I use as many machines as I can… 😉 😉 😉
So at home I would use my Food Processor with the fine grate blade to make this Slaw and many Slaw’s like it.
At work in our Cafe I use our professional Robot Coupe machine with the fine cut blade.. either way it’s quick and easy to prep, cost effective and you can make a really decent amount of salad that keeps you in healthy ‘fast food’ for days..
- 4 Apples, granny smiths for their tartness
- 2 medium to large Beetroot
- 1/4C EVOO
- 3T ACV, always use the one with the Mother Enzyme as this is the only one that 'feeds' your body.. Vinegar is very deleterious for our health so always get ACV with the 'Mother'!
- 1-2T Maple Syrup if you need some sweetness to balance it out.
- Use your Food Processor to shred your apple and beetroot.
- You choose the blade of your liking. Most domestic FP have a grater large and small blade which will be yummy.. I have a professional Robot Coupe machine and the blade does short straight cuts which is evident in the picture above..
- Either cut is delicious.. use what you have 🙂
- Put all your processed veg into a big bowl.
- Pour the EVOO and ACV into the salad veg.
- Wash your hands (I'm sure you already have!)
- Use your hands to toss the salad very well making sure all veg is coated.
- Taste your end product.
- Adjust for balance with Sweet/Tart/Flavour by adding a little more ACV or adding Maple Syrup until it tastes right to you 🙂
- It is a Quick and Easy Salad that you can make that keeps in the fridge very well for a few days.
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx