Savoury Paleo Bread Loaf
[glutenfree] [dairyfree] [paleo]
I love bread… A comfort food. A Quick Snack. An Easy Meal. Incredibly Versatile. What’s not to love, right?
Well that is great if the bread is ‘good for you‘ bread!
..and this bread is definitely good for you… this savoury paleo bread was extremely popular in the cafe.. I had to buy extra long commercial bread tins to bake it in because we were making so many batches each week….
This bread is Soft. Crunchy around the edges. really great toasted. Filling. Hearty. Amazing Nutrition. Low Carb… ofcourse it’s Dairy Free and Gluten Free.. you just need to put your favourite toppings on it and you’re done.. meal complete.
So here we go..
Gather your flavour component ingredients.. fresh out of the garden is great if you can..
Put most of that with the rest of your wet ingredients (keep some for garnish)
Then get your dry ingredients..
Get your tin ready..
.. and now you are ready to mix, mix, mix..
Now into the tin.. and garnish the top..
..and here is the Savoury Paleo Bread Loaf Recipe 🙂
- 2.5C almond meal (the blanched one)
- 2T coconut flour or psyllium husk
- (or 1/3C arrowroot flour works too but is higher carbs)
- 1.5t baking powder
- 3/4t pink salt
- 1/2t cracked black pepper.. don’t skimp on this it makes a difference...
- 1/3C sundried tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4C red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2C red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1T capers
- 1/2C fresh basil, finely chopped
- 6 Eggs
- this garnish is taken from the wet mix above.. it is not extra ingredients..
- 1T sundried tomato, finely chopped
- 1T red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4C red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1T capers
- -I don't include fresh basil in the garnish because it burns in the oven…
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C. You will bake for 50 mins approx. (every oven is different).
- Finely chop the first 5 ingredients.
- Grab a bowl and add all the eggs and 80% of your chopped ingredients.
- Reserve 20% of your first 4 chopped ingredients to put on as the garnish before you bake.
- Don't reserve any fresh basil as this burns if added to the top of your loaf.
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and give a thorough stir to combine everything.
- Pour your wet mix into your dry mix.
- Stir to combine.
- This mixture makes a loaf using a tin 25cmLong x 11cmWide x 8cmHigh.
- Very lightly grease inside of the tin.
- Cut baking paper that can run up and over both sides so that you can pull the loaf out of the tin when it has finished cooking.
- Pour your mixture into the tin.
- Cover the top with your 20% garnish ingredients.
- Press slightly into the top so they dont fall off when cooked.
- Bake in 180˚C (fan forced oven) for 50 mins.
- Always start checking earlier than the stated time because every oven is different.
- So, start checking this loaf at the 40 min mark...
- You are looking for a clean knife when inserted into the middle of the loaf.
first.. inhale and smell the goodness 🙂
then, slice that deliciousness up.. and use it as you must…
A great way to start the day.. and finish with supper at night..
Enjoy Friends 🙂
Hashtag Me 🙂 #MartineInTheKitchen
If you try this recipe let me know how it goes and dont forget to tag #martineinthekitchen on Instagram so we can see what you come up with.. Have Fun 🙂
Book a Breakthrough Call...
-Are you at a crossroads?
-Looking for a Shift?
-Feeling a little lost?
-Do you feel sidelined with health issues, feel like your missing out on the life you imagined you would have?
-Need greater self-belief, self-esteem and personal resilience?
-Want to feel better about yourself and within yourself?
-Have you lost hope of having caring, loyal, fun-loving relationships?
You can make a start here... It's amazing how quickly things can change when you have the right tools and the right support...
I am opening my books for Clients in October and so I am currently offering a Free Breakthrough Session...
You can Apply right now for a Free 60 minute Breakthrough Session by filling out your Name and Email here...