I love my Granola Recipes because they are so versatile… they lend themselves to using up whatever fruits are in season or are leftover at your house 😉
At my house, everyone and anyone snacks on my Granola.. even my visitors.. I use them as snack food more than for breakfast and I love it that way… I keep an airtight container full of them next to my lounge chair, and most of the time i have a little container in my bag/car that i snack on… try it! A much better snack than a Mars Bar!
For all of my Granola Recipes its as easy as making a ‘Fruit Smoothie’ and having the ‘body’ of the granola in the form of sprouted buckwheat, nuts and seeds as it takes your fancy 🙂
I had Grapes and frozen Raspberries at home so I used those, blend them up with your other liquid of choice.. can be water.. can be some juice you have on hand… and voila..
You can drink some of the smoothie and use the rest for to add to the Dry Mix and there you have it..
It’s ready to spread on a dehydrator tray and score into little squares.. or dont score it and just break it apart once it is dry 🙂
- 500g seedless grapes
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 1/3C Maple (or sweetener of your choice)
- Pinch salt
- 2C soaked & spouted Buckwheat
- 1/2C Chia Seed
- 1/2C dried Cranberries
- Blend until a thick smoothie-like consistency.
- Pour a little in a glass for yourself 😉
- Keep the rest for the granola 😉
- ADD all ingredients to your Mixing Bowl.
- Add your 'thick fruit smoothie' from your Vitamix and stir thru until properly combined...
- Leave for 10 minutes for the Chia Seed to absorb the liquid and do it's work pulling the recipe together.
- Spread 2C mixture on each Teflex tray. This mixture should be spread 1/2cm thick.
- Score the Granola into whatever size you want for your end product..
- Dehydrate on 38˚ for 12 -18 hours (depending on your climate/weather/dehydrator).
- Flip over and remove Teflex so the under-side can dry out properly.
- Dry for 2 more hours only.
- Store in an Airtight Container in the fridge.
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx