Quick Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
[glutenfree] [dairyfree] [eggfree] [vegan] [paleo] [raw]
This is such a creamy, decadent, smooth cake. It is such a great solution if you are dairy free, gluten free and egg free. You would never feel deprived eating any of my Cream Cake recipes..
Here is another one of our decadent and soul satisfying Cream Cakes.. our delicious Chocolate Cranberry Cream Cake..
- 100g Almonds
- 100g Coconut
- 100g Dates
- Pinch salt
- 600g (4C) Soaked Cashews
- 210g Agave
- 25g Lemon Juice (juice 1 lemon)
- 360g Banana’s (3 large)
- pinch Salt
- 250g melted coconut oil (about 2C unmelted)
- 3T Cacao Powder
- 1 toothpick
- Use a Food Processor
- Break down Almonds & Coconut.
- Add dates & salt.
- Break down to a crumb.
- Crumb is ready when it holds together when pressed together.
- Press the crumb into your cheesecake tin.
- Use a Blender/Vitamix
- Blend the first 5 ingredients SUPER SMOOTH.
- Add Coconut Oil and blend 10seconds.
- POUR all of mixture (except 1 CUP) into the Cheesecake Base.
- Add 3T Cacao Powder to the mixture in the Vitamix.
- Blend on Medium Speed until combined.
- Pour this into a squeezy bottle and from a great height squeeze your chocolate mixture in and around and on top of your cake.
- Use a toothpick to drag the chocolate mixture through to create a marbling effect.
- Makes 1 x 10inch cheesecake
Tension Points of this Quick Chocolate Banana Cream Pie Recipe:
Get the crust thin & even all the way around.
I use the end of my rolling pin to compress the crust into the cake tin.
The lemon juice in this recipe is to prevent the bananas from oxidisation and is vital to the appearance of the cake.
Make sure you blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
Do not add the coconut oil into the blender until the mixture is completely smooth. Coconut Oil, when it is over-processed, has a horrible rancid cupboardy flavour that is very unpleasant in any recipe.
Again, make sure you blend the cacao powder until it is thoroughly mixed in before you pour it into a squeezy bottle.
A squeezy bottle makes it much easier to control where the contrasting colour is put on your cake.
When you squeezy your contrasting colour in “from a great height” the mixture goes deep into the cake mixture which means that when you cut into your cake you get a lovely marbled colour swirl.
Make sure you only use a perishable garnish if your cake is being consumed the same day.
Non-perishable garnishes like cacao nibs are much more versatile for you.
You can get my 5 Most Popular Recipes in the green box below this recipe…
Any questions you have you can ask me in the comments below.
Have fun marbling.. Post a pic on Instagram or Pinterest and tag me in it 🙂 #martinetrinder
Happy Cooking Days 🙂
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx