My favourite soup in the whole world is Pumpkin Soup. I often have it made the same way.. plain and delicious.
But I must say that pumpkin soup is very versatile. You can really go to town with different aromatics, herbs and/or spices to significantly change the flavour of the soup.
This recipe is great because it will serve as a base for any changes you want to make.. morroccan.. italian.. spanish etc…
- 1 Large or 2 Medium Onions
- Pink Salt
- 2T fat of your choice
- 1.5kg Pumpkin, cut skin off, chop to chunks
- 2 Cups of Stock.. i used some beef stock I had from a roast beef I slow cooked... chicken stock would also be amazing! Vegetable Stock if you want the Soup to be Vegan...
- Cut your large onion into 4 and place in your Thermomix
- Chop small by using Speed 5 | 4 seconds.
- Add Salt & Fat. Now you can Sautee by setting time for 5 minutes | 100˚ | soft paddle or Speed 1.
- Let the Onion sweat to yummy-ness..
- Cut down your pumpkin into chunks. Cut the skin off.
- Add the pumpkin to the Thermomix.
- Add the Beef Stock.
- Put the Lid on & Cook.
- 35 minutes | 100˚ | Speed 4
- Check that the pumpkin is cooked by putting a knife through it.. if there is no resistance then it's cooked..
- If its not finished put on for another 5 minutes then check.
- I like to blend mine up to 'smoothness'.
- I use Speed 3 to start. I hold a cloth on the MC on top as steam does come out as I am blending.
- I slowly increase the speed to about 6 over a period of about 20 seconds and then it's done!
- packed with protein
- very low in calories
- rich in dietary fibre
- rich in antioxidants such as Vit A, Vit E & Vit C
- rich in the B-complex group of vitamins like folates, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin and pantothenic acid
- rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus
- rich in many natural poly-phenolic flavonoid compounds such as α, ß carotenes, cryptoxanthin, lutein and zea-xanthin
So Yes.. it is nutritional…
So I hope you enjoy this most favourite soup!! A Classic, timeless in itself… I would love to hear of any variations on your pumpkin soup…
Lots of Love
GET OUR TOP 5 RECIPES + Garnishing Secrets
Enter your name and email, and you will receive our 5 Most Popular Recipes + Garnishing Secrets immediately to your email...
You are on your way to delicious-ness-ness... (hehe)...