Pumpkin SoupMy favourite soup in the whole world is Pumpkin Soup. I often have it made the same way.. plain and delicious.
But I must say that pumpkin soup is very versatile. You can really go to town with different aromatics, herbs and/or spices to significantly change the flavour of the soup.
This recipe is great because it will serve as a base for any changes you want to make.. morroccan.. italian.. spanish etc…
- 1 Large or 2 Medium Onions
- Pink Salt
- 2T fat of your choice
- 1.5kg Pumpkin, cut skin off, chop to chunks
- 2 Cups of Stock.. i used some beef stock I had from a roast beef I slow cooked... chicken stock would also be amazing! Vegetable Stock if you want the Soup to be Vegan...
- Cut your large onion into 4 and place in your Thermomix
- Chop small by using Speed 5 | 4 seconds.
- Add Salt & Fat. Now you can Sautee by setting time for 5 minutes | 100˚ | soft paddle or Speed 1.
- Let the Onion sweat to yummy-ness..
- Cut down your pumpkin into chunks. Cut the skin off.
- Add the pumpkin to the Thermomix.
- Add the Beef Stock.
- Put the Lid on & Cook.
- 35 minutes | 100˚ | Speed 4
- Check that the pumpkin is cooked by putting a knife through it.. if there is no resistance then it's cooked..
- If its not finished put on for another 5 minutes then check.
- I like to blend mine up to 'smoothness'.
- I use Speed 3 to start. I hold a cloth on the MC on top as steam does come out as I am blending.
- I slowly increase the speed to about 6 over a period of about 20 seconds and then it's done!
- packed with protein
- very low in calories
- rich in dietary fibre
- rich in antioxidants such as Vit A, Vit E & Vit C
- rich in the B-complex group of vitamins like folates, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin and pantothenic acid
- rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus
- rich in many natural poly-phenolic flavonoid compounds such as α, ß carotenes, cryptoxanthin, lutein and zea-xanthin
So Yes.. it is nutritional…
So I hope you enjoy this most favourite soup!! A Classic, timeless in itself… I would love to hear of any variations on your pumpkin soup…
Lots of Love
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx