Cream of Mushroom Soup
So I made this amazing soup out of whatever I could find in my fridge today 🙂
I needed to make more soup to help Mr P. as he had his wisdom teeth out yesterday and is on ‘soft food’… Geez! no seeds, no food with bits in it.. just soft and smooth food for him! I CAN DO IT! Oh and did I mention it’s for 2 weeks? yep! 2 weeks 🙂
So, anyway back to the Soup.. I had a tray of button mushrooms and some onions so I thought.. yeah.. mushroom soup! There is a truckload of Garlic in there which has amazing health benefits and adds ‘layers” of flavour so Go For It!
Well, it’s pretty amazing.. heart warming and soulful all at the same time. Enjoy!
- 2 Big White Onions
- 1 Big Red Onion
- 2T your healthy Fat of choice
- ½t Pink Salt
- ½t Cracked Black Pepper
- 12 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Zucchini, peeled, cut into 6 pieces each
- 350g White Button Mushrooms, washed
- Cut your Onion into quarters and put into the Thermomix.
- Chop on Speed 5 | 3 Seconds.
- Add your Healthy fat, Salt and Pepper.
- Sautee on 100˚ | Speed 1 | 4 minutes.
- Add the last 3 ingredients which will fill up the Thermy.
- Lid on.
- Cook 35 minutes | 100˚ | Speed 2
- I don't put it on Reverse because I want the Thermy to break it all down as it is cooking.
- At the end of the cooking time take the lid off and TASTE! ~ very important 🙂
- Adjust seasonings.. if your soup doesn't have a lot of flavour it definitely needs more salt. So Add another ½t first then taste. Add more if necessary.
- Seasoning varies a lot because every single vegetable is different...
- The Soup is very hot at the end of the cooking process so be careful!
- I get a small cloth and put it on the MC and hold it there.
- I blend for 10 seconds on Speed 3.
- Then increase speed slowly until you get to Speed 6. This will take about 10 more seconds.
- The Soup is not completely smooth at this point which is how i like it.
- Blend longer and increase speed (carefully) if you want it smoother.
- I use my Cashew Sour Cream.. Incredible to make it creamy & divine...
- You could also chop some Roasted Mushroom onto the top and zest a little lemon on there...
- contain selenium, which is good for our bladder
- are low in calories
- are a great source of B Vitamins including riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid, which help to provide energy by breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates
- are also a great source of important nutrients including Ergothioneine, Copper & Potassium
Enjoy your mushrooms 🙂 Martine 🙂
GET OUR TOP 5 RECIPES + Garnishing Secrets
Enter your name and email, and you will receive our 5 Most Popular Recipes + Garnishing Secrets immediately to your email...
You are on your way to delicious-ness-ness... (hehe)...