OssoBuco.. an amazing milanese dish! My husband loves my OssoBuco 🙂
I used my Bessemerware Pot today but I often make it in a long rectangle flat tray in the oven that I cover in alfoil… As long as you understand the ‘slow braising’ science of the dish you can tweak it however you please 🙂
Low and Slow is how you want to cook this one. Very Low heat for long time will serve you up incredibly tender, falling apart meat that melts in your mouth.. the depth of flavour that comes from the slow cooking is created because you are gently coaxing the flavour out of your veg and meat.. the broth is amazing! Often I will slurp up all the broth first before tackling the meat and veg 🙂
- 2kg Veal Osso Buco meat (or just use chops!)
- 2T Pink Salt sprinkled on the meat
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, medium dice
- 1/2kg Orange Carrots, medium sliced rings
- 3 Swede, small dice
- 1/2 Celeriac, small dice
- 3 small fresh chilli, snipped in with scissors
- 3T fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 2T home made Stock Concentrate
- 3Cups of Water or White Wine
- Wash Your Meat!!! First, before anything else.. go on.. wash it with warm water...
- Ok.. i'm so glad you've done that 🙂
- Here We Go!!
- Put your Cut of Meat in the bottom of the pot, sprinkle with your pink salt.
- add all the rest of the ingredients on top..
- Put your lid on. Vent Closed.
- Cook on 40% gas if your cooking on a stove top for 6 hours | Smallest Element
- The meat will fall off the bone 🙂 Woohoo...
Book a Breakthrough Call
If you would like to work with Coach Martine then you can Apply Here for a Free Breakthrough Session!
Enter your Name and Email then watch your Inbox for your Intake Form..
Fill that out and get it back to me at