Omelette [paleo] [whole30] [dairyfree]
It’s a brave new world..
Dairyfree and yet you see ‘cheese’ on top of my Omelette! How is this so you ask?
Aha.. well it’s Macadamia Ricotta… acting like feta in this meal 🙂
and in the Scrambled Egg mixture to make the Omelette I have use my Cashew Sour Cream…
- 5 Eggs, organic or free range if you can
- ½t Pink Salt
- Pepper if you wish
- 2T Cashew Sour Cream
- 1-2T your Fave Healthy Fat, I used Pork Fat this time.. sometimes I use Ghee.. just depends what I have around
- 1 Portobello Mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 Handful of English Spinach leaves
- 1T Macadamia Ricotta
- 1t freshly picked Lemon Thyme
- Put your Frying Pan on the lowest heat setting before you start to beat your eggs!
- This is so important that that pan is evenly and thoroughly heated.
- Add 1-2T of your fave healthy fat.
- Use a Fork to mix your eggs with Pink Salt & Sour Cream.
- Add Pepper if you wish.
- With the pan heated, and the fat melted and at a medium heat.
- Pour in your scrambled egg mixture.
- Immediately place your Sliced Portobello around so it looks good 🙂
- Add your fresh Lemon Thyme..
- (you can add dried Thyme if that's all you have)
- Let this cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep an eye on it. Don't go anywhere.
- When it looks ¾ cooked it's time to put the rest of the Garnish on so it can finish yet NOT overcook it.
- ok.. so the part of Garnishing is all about how it looks!!
- So lets add the English Spinach first and lay it around the Omelette.
- Make sure you have the contrast of colours so you can see the yellow of the egg contrasted against the green of the spinach..
- Now it's time for the White of the Macadamia Ricotta... pinch off bits of it and again, place it strategically so it looks beautiful, edible and delicious all at the same time 🙂
- You will notice the Omelette comes away from the pan naturally as it is cooked through properly.
- Once this happens it is finished cooking.
- Turn off the heat.
- Slice through the middle (if you are sharing!)
- Get an Egg Slice Spatula and run it underneath the Omelette to make sure it is released from the pan.
- Slide onto your plate of choice.
- If you whisk your eggs you get a lot more air in them. Use a Fork to get a better Texture in the finished product!
I pre-roast a lot of veg and keep them in glass containers in the fridge so that meal time and ‘grazing time’ is really easy 🙂
I teach a Nut Dairy Class where I give my Cashew Sour Cream Recipe out… if you dont know how to make it you can find many variations by googling “raw cashew sour cream”… I’m sure you will find something that will work for you 🙂
Much Love.. Martine 🙂
GET OUR TOP 5 RECIPES + Garnishing Secrets
Enter your name and email, and you will receive our 5 Most Popular Recipes + Garnishing Secrets immediately to your email...
You are on your way to delicious-ness-ness... (hehe)...