This recipe takes literally 5 minutes to make..
Store it in your fridge in a glass container for a week, maybe more… There’s nothing quite like home-made Mayo and there is none of the nasties in it.. just #realfood #clean #healthy…
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature, separated from
- 1 Egg White
- 250ml Oil, Grapeseed, Avocado or Almond are all great
- .5t Pink Salt
- .5t Cracked Pepper
- 1t Mustard, wholegrain or smooth to your preference
- 1T ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 or 2 Garlic Cloves, if you want to make the Aioli variation
- 20g Red Onion or Spring Onion
- Put Onion and Garlic and give a quick blitz.. 50% power for 3 seconds
- Add Egg Yolk and blend 50% power for 1 minute
- -You may need to scrape down the sides before proceeding.
- Add the Salt, Pepper, Mustard and Vinegar.
- Start your machine on 50% power and slowly drizzle your oil in thru the lid over a 3-4 minute time period.
We need to have fat.. and you must get to know which fats your body utilises the best… there are PUFA’s, MUFA’s and SFA’s… research and scientific studies have been done and it’s important to get the ‘upgraded’ info so that you can feed your body. An excellent article on Healthy Oils is at Mark’s Daily Apple here.
In this recipe you aren’t cooking oil so you don’t need to be concerned with the ‘smoke point’ (which is very important).
Oils that are considered healthful are your nut, seed and animal oils… seed oils can be a little controversial where they wander into a slightly grey territory for some people. Pick your oil of choice and then go for it with this Recipe.. you can tweak it to your heart’s delight 🙂
I find flavour important so my best choice of late is Sweet Almond Oil.. I have used a very very light EVOO but even that has a slight flavour to it so I love Sweet Almond Oil as it’s (almost non-existent flavour) is fabulous for me 🙂
Book a Breakthrough Call
If you would like to work with Coach Martine then you can Apply Here for a Free Breakthrough Session!
Enter your Name and Email then watch your Inbox for your Intake Form..
Fill that out and get it back to me at