Chocolate Dairy Free Fudge
…is one of my forever comfort foods! I love how it melts.. so smooth.. so much melty goodness with its sweet hit of yummy. A treat for any occasion that you need a treat for 🙂
What is amazing is the dairy free-ness of this recipe.. I have fed this to many people and no one guesses it’s dairy free.. so you are definitely in good hands here..
A word about the ingredients:
Cacao Butter is a special ingredient.. but your effort to find it and go get it will pay you back ten fold.. I source mine from a shop that stocks raw food ingredients.. but now that Cacao Butter is more popular you can get it in most Health Food Shops here in Australia.
Coconut Oil is the melted version of Coconut Butter.. they are exactly the same ingredient only one form is solid (in the fridge) and the other form is liquid (when warmer, generally at room temperature).
Cashew Cream is slightly thicker than Cashew Milk.. you can substitute Almond Milk or and other non-dairy milk here but if you do only use 50% of the amount. This is so that the end product will still set properly. If you would like my Cashew Cream recipe then click here.
Agave – ahhh the controversial Agave… I have used Agave for the last 5 years or so as I have been able to source Agave that is processed at a low temp, is organic and is from a trusted source. Agave has worked for our family for a few different reasons and so we have been happy to use it. The product we have sourced is very different from some other brands of Agave out there.
Ofcourse what you use is entirely up to you and some good substitutes for Agave for this recipe would be Maple Syrup/Honey/Rice Malt Syrup/Glucose.
IF IF IF you are going to swap the Agave, then dont use the same amount.. add half the amount of your chosen sweetener, taste it then add more until you are happy with the sweetness.
- 400g cacao butter, melted liquid
- 160g coconut oil, melted liquid
- 310g agave (or natural sweetener eg. Natvia or Swerve**)
- 25g vanilla*
- 45g cashew cream or almond milk
- 45g water
- 1g pink salt (or a pinch)
- 280g raw cashews, soaked
- 170g raw macadamia nuts, chopped and crushed (for the garnish)
- Melt the coconut oil, cacao butter (I use a dehydrator) 1 hour in advance.
- Put your blender jug onto your weighing scales and you are ready to go!
- Add all the liquids first as this makes it easier for your blender.
- Add the soaked cashews and blend again.
- Texture is super important here.. so make sure you taste it and your mixture is Super Smooth!
- Taste and adjust the sweetness if you need to.
- Pour your liquid fudge into your prepared brownie tray that is lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle your macadamia nuts all around.. make sure you get into the corners!
- Chill 8-12 hours until firm or overnight.
- Unmold. Cut to your preference.
- Using a sharp knife cut into bite size pieces or bars. Keep chilled.
- These are Amazingly Decadent! A little goes a long way..
- *you need this much vanilla as it is a hero of this fudge
- ** you can lower the carb count of this recipe by substituting different sweeteners here. The best way to subsitute is to use a conservative amount of your substitute and then taste.. and then add more as needed.
If you want access to an assortment of easy to make, delicious chocolate dairy free fudge recipes all in one spot then go here…
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx