Leek & Sweet Potato Soup served the Country Veg way! Amazing. I never thought I could make a non-creamy version of a soup I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE!! but this is it! wow.. and the extra fabulous part is that I made it up as I went along 🙂
I was at the Veggie shop yesterday on my way home from our Cafe and I saw some ‘celeriac’… I cant count the number of times I have passed this ingredient and thought ‘how and what could I use this in?’ I have wanted to use it for-ever…
Well I took the plunge! I bought the biggest one there I could find 🙂 and yes, when I got it home and was making my amazing Osso Buco I prepped it all and then I realized I could only use half of it as it was way too much to put in… so I had half left over..
I could easily describe it to you as celery! That’s it! the colour and texture that you know celery to be doesnt exist but the flavour is EXACT! So if you want to be brave and use celeriac then start by using it where you would use celery 🙂 EASY!
Ok.. so I thought it would be a nice addition to my Soup today and I was right! It added body and a depth of flavour whilst keeping my soup fresh and light.. LOVE IT!!!
- 1 Sweet Potato, washed, peeled, large dice
- 1 Leek, trimmed and washed
- 1 Celeriac, washed, large chop
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1T home-made Stock Concentrate
- 1T Pink Salt
- 3T Fat of your choice: EVOO/Ghee (depends on your particular choices)
- 2C Water or Stock of your choice
- SWEATING FIRST!!
- Put your Garlic and Leek into the Thermomix.
- Chop on Speed 4 | 3 Seconds.
- Add 3T of your Fat of choice.
- Add your Stock Concentrate and Pink Salt.
- Lid On!
- Time 6 mins | Temp 100˚ | Speed 'soft stir'
- NOW LETS COOK THE SOUP
- You have now created an amazing flavour base to add your other veg to... so...
- Add your Sweet Potato and Celeriac and Water.
- Lets Cook...
- Time 20 mins | Temp 100˚ | Speed 3.
- Taste & Adjust.
So I hope you enjoy 🙂
Drop me a line to tell me how you went 🙂
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx