Fermented Foods have a powerful import of beneficial bacteria for our digestive system which goes on to give great benefit to our collective health. You can totally supply all the beneficial bacteria you need in your diet once you have introduced enough fermented foods into your diet. You dont need to take Probiotic Capsules forever 🙂
Top 3 Benefits of Fermented Foods:
Easy + Quick ways to add fermented foods to your diet:
- Using your fermented foods as the ‘acid’ component that you can add to every meal.
Your acid component brings balance to every dish and it’s really cool that you can use a variety of your fermented ‘pickles’ and ‘chutneys’ and ‘sauces’ to add this acid with the dual benefit of adding your daily dose of probiotic power.
- 1 tablespoon of sauce/pickle on the side of your veg with any meal (1 tablespoon is teeming with probiotic beneficial bacteria.. it runs into the billions… yes i said billions)
- When blending up a salad dressing add 1 Tablespoon of fermented chutney or pickle (pick one that the flavour is complementary)
A few tips:
Substitution is the quick and easy way of getting all your food fermentation/beneficial bacteria into your diet.
Avoid cooking your fermented vegetables wherever possible. Adding it last on the side of your meal is a quick and easy way of doing this.
- 509g organic tomatoes, quartered
- 375g jar organic tomato paste (leggo's)
- 1 tsp probiotic (usually 6-8 capsules)
- 1.5 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/3 C raw honey
- 1t cayenne pepper
- 1t onion powder
- 1t cinnamon
- 1/2C water (add more if neccessary so that it's of pouring consistency)
- Add tomatoes to Thermomix and liquefy. Speed 10. 10 Seconds.
- Add the rest of ingredients.
- Liquefy again. Speed 10. 10 seconds.
- Taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary. (this is your opportunity to make it taste how you want it.. so if you want it sweeter add more honey.. if you want it hotter add cayenne.. etc)
- Using a funnel pour into your (clip lock lidded) bottles.
- Label and Date your bottles.
- Leave out to ferment in a warm spot for 2-3 days.
Other Fermented Foods
..but wait there’s more 😃 you can then ramp that home made mayo into uber healthy territory by adding probiotic culture and letting it ferment for 24-48 hours… this fermenting process gives you incredible fermented food that feeds your gut biome.
For those that want some extra reading..
Book a Breakthrough Call
If you would like to work with Coach Martine then you can Apply Here for a Free Breakthrough Session!
Enter your Name and Email then watch your Inbox for your Intake Form..
Fill that out and get it back to me at