MACADAMIA RICOTTA | VEGAN CHEESE
[glutenfree] [diaryfree] [eggfree] [vegan] [paleo] [raw]
from the menu at CNR Kitchen, Northbridge.
This is a Staple in the Kitchen of anyone who is Dairy Free…
The tension points of this recipe are:
- Make sure you add enough salt. There is a tipping point at which the Ricotta takes on an ‘uber awesome’ flavour. This only happens if you add enough salt.. I wish I could show you.. I run classes teaching this technique and I always demonstrate this without the salt and then with the right amount of salt… every single person is surprised at the difference it makes.
- Texture. This recipe is special because of the texture of the finished product. To get there you must blend for long enough so your Ricotta is smooth – no lumps! You will find this recipe has that micro bubble texture the same as ricotta cheese in it (hence the name). This is exactly what you want 🙂
I use Macadamia Ricotta:
- To create Parmesan Cheese
- To make Boursin style Cheese Wheels for Cheese Platters (as in the photo above)
- To add as a special garnish to my salads
- to garnish Bolognaise (the plant based version or the meat version)
- to garnish Frittata (you can also use cashew cream cheese. yumm!)
- to spread on toast with loaded toppings, and
- as a dip – you can add flavours to it or leave plain
There are Step by Step pictures below the recipe to help you create this amazing ricotta cheese.
- 2C macadamia’s, soaked 4 hours
- 1C water to start with. Up to 2C Water in total as needed.
- 1t pink salt
- 1t probiotics powder
- Blend the above ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a strainer that has been lined with cheesecloth.
- Place your weight of choice on top.
- The weight should be heavy enough to gently start to press the liquid out.
- Leave to culture for 12-24 hours at room temperature.
- After 12-24 hours at room temperature remove the weight and unwrap the cheesecloth.
- Spoon your cultured cheese into your container of choice. I use glass containers.
- Refrigerate. Use as desired.
STAGE 1 | Soaking the Macadamia Nuts & BLEND!
STAGE 2 | CULTURE your blended mixture for 12-24 hours
STAGE 3 | UNWRAP • USE • STORE
So there it is, my lovely Macadamia Ricotta.. you know those recipes in life that become your ‘go-to’ recipes that you use over and over and over again? This is one of those very special recipes for me that feeds me, give me incredible health and nourishes my soul at the same time..
One of my very special, lovely favourites… i give it to you with love xx
GET OUR TOP 5 RECIPES + Garnishing Secrets
Enter your name and email, and you will receive our 5 Most Popular Recipes + Garnishing Secrets immediately to your email...
You are on your way to delicious-ness-ness... (hehe)...