I have never made Broccoli Soup before so it was lovely to make a soup that was h-a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!
What was really great was I made it in the Thermy which is ‘hassle-free’ cooking at its best.. it stirs it for you constantly.. Yay!!
I am a ‘dairy LOVER’ so adding my Macadamia Nut Parmesan Cheese (I teach WORKSHOPS on how to make it too) was so delicious.. and we had leftover pulled pork which was a great addition for the extra protein 🙂
Crispy Bacon would be a lovely garnish with the Macadamia Ricotta, Cashew Sour Cream or Macadamia Parmesan too 🙂
I got the big thumbs up from Sam and Paul which is always a bonus 🙂
- 2 Heads of Broccoli
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- ½ Leek
- 5 Spring Onions
- 2T Capers
- 4 Anchovies (leave out for vegan soup)
- 1 Apple, roughly cut
- 1L Stock (i used pork and chicken stock because that's what I had in the fridge, vegetable stock would be great too)
- Seasoning to taste = S&P
- Put 2 heads of Broccoli into the Thermomix (T/M) chop Speed 7 | 3 Seconds
- Tip into a separate bowl to add later.
- Don't clean out the T/M.
- Put Garlic, Leek, Spring Onions, Capers, Anchovies and Apple into T/M.
- To chop it first put it on Speed 6 | 5 seconds.
- Now cook at 100˚ | Reverse | Speed 2 | 5 mins
- Now add the Broccoli and the Stock.
- Cook at 100˚ | Speed 3 | 35 mins
- How smooth you make it now is really up to you.. I wanted my soup fairly smooth so I used-
- Speed 6 | 1 minute
- NB: the soup was very hot and so I started at Speed 3 for about 10 seconds and then slowly increased it until I got the desired consistency. I held the MC on with my finger otherwise I would have been 'wearing' my soup 🙂
- Seasoning is very personal so at this point you need to taste it and adjust it to your liking.
- Seasoning: S&P: I prefer Ground White Pepper and Pink Himalayan Salt... which is what I use in all of my recipes...
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx