I have never made Broccoli Soup before so it was lovely to make a soup that was h-a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!
What was really great was I made it in the Thermy which is ‘hassle-free’ cooking at its best.. it stirs it for you constantly.. Yay!!
I am a ‘dairy LOVER’ so adding my Macadamia Nut Parmesan Cheese (I teach WORKSHOPS on how to make it too) was so delicious.. and we had leftover pulled pork which was a great addition for the extra protein 🙂
Crispy Bacon would be a lovely garnish with the Macadamia Ricotta, Cashew Sour Cream or Macadamia Parmesan too 🙂
I got the big thumbs up from Sam and Paul which is always a bonus 🙂
- 2 Heads of Broccoli
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- ½ Leek
- 5 Spring Onions
- 2T Capers
- 4 Anchovies (leave out for vegan soup)
- 1 Apple, roughly cut
- 1L Stock (i used pork and chicken stock because that's what I had in the fridge, vegetable stock would be great too)
- Seasoning to taste = S&P
- Put 2 heads of Broccoli into the Thermomix (T/M) chop Speed 7 | 3 Seconds
- Tip into a separate bowl to add later.
- Don't clean out the T/M.
- Put Garlic, Leek, Spring Onions, Capers, Anchovies and Apple into T/M.
- To chop it first put it on Speed 6 | 5 seconds.
- Now cook at 100˚ | Reverse | Speed 2 | 5 mins
- Now add the Broccoli and the Stock.
- Cook at 100˚ | Speed 3 | 35 mins
- How smooth you make it now is really up to you.. I wanted my soup fairly smooth so I used-
- Speed 6 | 1 minute
- NB: the soup was very hot and so I started at Speed 3 for about 10 seconds and then slowly increased it until I got the desired consistency. I held the MC on with my finger otherwise I would have been 'wearing' my soup 🙂
- Seasoning is very personal so at this point you need to taste it and adjust it to your liking.
- Seasoning: S&P: I prefer Ground White Pepper and Pink Himalayan Salt... which is what I use in all of my recipes...
GET OUR TOP 5 RECIPES + Garnishing Secrets
Enter your name and email, and you will receive our 5 Most Popular Recipes + Garnishing Secrets immediately to your email...
You are on your way to delicious-ness-ness... (hehe)...