Cashew Cream is a staple in any kitchen.
You can use cashew cream in place of dairy cream in any recipe. You can also cook with it and get excellent results.
Cashew Cream is: versatile, quick to make and comfort-food-satisfying.
- 1C Soaked Cashews
- 1.5C your best Water
- Into your BLENDER add the Water and the Cashews.
- Blend on the HIGHEST setting you have to get the SMOOTHEST consistency you can get from your machine.
- Pour into an airtight (preferably glass) container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Soak 3/4C of dry Cashews
- As the Cashews absorb the water they swell and 3/4C usually becomes approximately 1C of the soaked nut.
- I soak overnight but on the odd occasion I will soak for as little as 30minutes… but this is the exception and not the rule.
Making Cashew Cream
Put only 1C cashews in your blender with 1C of water with the rest of the ingredients to start with.
Blend on High for 20 seconds.
Making Cashew Milk
Add a 2nd Cup of water. Blend another 10 seconds.
Check consistency to the amount of “thinness” you want ☺
Variations are below…
Sweet Cashew Cream:
Applications are: Vanilla Sweet Cream, Creamcakes, Sweet Milks, Creamy Smoothies and you can use it on our Ooey Gooey Chocolate Brownie here…
Savoury Cashew Cream:
Applications are: Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Cheese Sauce.
When you try this recipe let me know how it goes and don’t forget to tag #martineinthekitchen on Instagram so we can see what you come up with.. Have Fun 🙂
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx