What I love about paleo is the ethos of using whole foods. I love that paleo food is as ‘old school’ as possible in this age we live in. Making food from scratch. Not using processed ingredients. Using fresh ingredients… It all adds up to good health for you and me 🙂
This Paleo Banana Bread is a treat to be had on occasion. I know we all go overboard a bit sometimes but to make this healthy version of banana bread means that your body wont complain when you splash out for a slice here and there 🙂
No Thermomix? No problem..
I use my thermomix a lot these days 🙂 but all of my recipes can be easily used with a Food Processor.. just follow the ingredients and if you have any questions about my method just drop me a line below and I will help you out 🙂
To convert this recipe to use a Food Processor you just need to melt the ghee.. follow me 🙂
- Preheat your oven
- Grab a small Ramekin (small oven friendly dish)
- Pop your ghee into the ramekin
- Pop your ramekin in to the oven whilst you make the rest of the cake.
- It takes 2 minutes to melt so the ghee will be ready when you need it 🙂
- 3 Medium Banana's
- 110g Ghee/Oil of your choosing
- 1T Vanilla
- 2T soaked Cashews
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Dates
- 2C Almond Meal
- 1/4C Tapioca (arrowroot) Flour
- 2t Baking Powder
- 1/4C chopped pecans
- 1T coconut sugar
- I used a Thermomix.. you can easily use a Food Processor.
- Melt the Ghee on 100˚ for 2 minutes | Reverse | Speed 2.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Blend on Speed 4 | 10 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix as little as possible as you dont want to 'overwork' the mix.
- I used Speed 4 | 8 Seconds.
- Line a Bread Tin with baking paper.
- Pour your finished mixture into the bread tin.
- Garnish the top with some yummy goodies for an extra special finish.
- I used chopped pecans and coconut sugar sprinkled around evenly.
- Cook for 45-55 minutes (start checking it at 45minutes).
- Temperature 160˚ for a fan forced oven. 170˚ otherwise..
- 'Low and Slow' is how you cook this Banana Bread or you will burn the outside and have 'mush' on the inside 🙂
- Every oven is different so checking it 'often' at the end of the process is the key...
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx