Romance is one of the keys to spark the joy in a relationship!
Is romance tricky? Have you tried your hand at romance, but still haven’t quite mastered it?
Romance is a topic that many people in a relationship feel uncertain about. So it’s ok if you’re feeling a little befuddled or thrown by what the right things are to do/say/be.
It’s actually pretty easy to develop and refine your romantic streak. Romance takes nothing more than a little creativity and a genuine interest in treating your significant other in a special way *phew*.
Try these tips to spark your romance:
1. Consider what makes you feel Loved.
Take a moment to think about what made you get those butterflies in the past.
- What special act caused the romance to bubble over for you?
- Is there a special term of endearment your partner uses when speaking about you?
- What gifts do you like to receive from him?
- What do you like him to do for you?
- How much of his time do you need?
Perhaps it’s those “I’m in love with you” hugs that feel different from the others…
Has your partner ever dedicated a song to the day you met and fell in love? That would surely make anyone melt!
Be Brave and tell your partner what makes you feel Loved!
2. Understand your Partner’s Likes.
Being romantic can be as simple as doing things your partner likes. Create a bucket list of those things to make it easier to think of romantic gestures. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Does your partner love to dine at a specific restaurant? Why not set a dinner date and have the restaurant bring out a love token on cue?
- Plan an amazing sleepover for the kids and make a special event at home just for you and him.
- Everybody loves massages don’t they? Offer a massage when your partner least expects it.
- Wash his car for him 🙂
- Is there a favourite dessert he loves? Instead of buying it at the bakery, try making it yourself. There are likely plenty of recipes for that dish on the internet – a new adventure will definitely spark your joy.
- Kiss him hello and goodbye.
3. Be yourself.
It’s possible you haven’t exactly mastered romance because you aren’t being yourself. It’s pretty difficult to “play a role” that you’re obviously uncomfortable playing.
One of the sexiest things in the world is You doing You! If you feel uncomfortable parading around in lingerie, don’t do it! But if you feel sexy parading around in lingerie – then Do do It!
Liberate yourself, follow your conscience and have some fun. Let your hair down. Be quirky! Be You.
Always choose things that you’re genuinely happy doing. Let your personality shine through.. your partner will love whatever you do that comes from that fun-loving place inside.
Sometimes all it takes is a little quality time. Show your partner that you’ve specially reserved time for just the two of you.
4. Create Lasting Memories.
Make plans for an outing that will create a memory that will last forever. Being able to remember these special times helps to keep the spark alive!
- Find ways to relive special moments (buy him your special song).
- If you’ve arranged a special occasion, why not get it videotaped? You can watch it over and over.
- Make a special event an annual thing. If it’s something that allowed the romance to spark, it’s a great idea to do it every year at the same time.
- Date Day is the new Date Night! Try it out and see which one you prefer.
As you create action around these creative yet simple tips, you’re guaranteed to have ongoing romance in your relationship.
Baby Steps are going to help you win if you feel like you are starting from zero.. or starting again…
- Pick just 1 of the suggestions above and do it for 6 months… DO NOT MOVE onto the next one until you feel like you have fully integrated that one into your relationship..
- Then you can pick a 2nd (suggestion from above) and do that for 6 months!
Baby Steps is vital to create change that lasts.
…if you have any questions, hit me up in the comments below…
Find Your Happy
Have the ULTIMATE
Self Care Week!
Get Refreshed, Revived and Relaxed and start to feel so much better about yourself with this 7-Day Self Care Guide xxx